- Modi's first major foreign policy initiative of inviting SAARC leaders for his swearing-in ceremony.
- Modi’s meeting with Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif.
- The cabinet constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to recover black money.
- Modi’s first speech in Lok Sabha laid emphasis on progress and development of India. He stressed on the need of neat politics, powering the youth with job opportunities and ensuring just development.
- PM's visit to Bhutan to discuss bilateral relations and economic cooperation and support in regional and multilateral forum.
- In the first Cabinet meeting chaired by Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister asked all his ministers to make their agendas for the first 100 days in office.
- Modi visited India's largest warship, INS Vikramaditya in Indian Navy in Goa and addressed the naval personnel.
- Modi found an unlikely admirer in former Union minister and senior Congress leader Shashi Tharoor.
The Centre’s decision to remove the governors appointed by the previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
- Issue of Article 370 when MoS in PMO Jitendra Singh said that the process to repeal Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir has commenced.
- HRD Minister Smriti Irani found herself amidst controversy after a row came forth over her qualification.
- Allegations of sexual assault on one of Modi's Minister, Nihal Chand.
- The government’s decision not to give reservation to Muslims came as a shocker.
- The Modi government's decision to downsize the Planning Commission.
- To promote Hindi on social networking websites became a subject of controversy.
- The government has decided to increase the import duty on sugar.
- Row over Four-Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) of Delhi University.
- The government's decision to hike the passenger and freight fares of railways by 14.2 percent and 6.5 percent, respectively.